Lean Coordinator - Miami
Division: Miami Main
Project Location(s): Miami, FL 33122 USA
Minimum Years Experience:
Job Type: Regular
Job Classification: Experienced
Job Family: Construction
Compensation: Salaried Exempt
If you picture yourself doing great things that make a difference in the lives of others, Turner is the place to be. Turner Construction is an industry leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year history spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings.
Turner is committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone feels connected, sees themselves represented at all levels of the company, and feels supported to reach their ultimate potential. Turner builds some of the most ambitious projects in the world. The technical expertise of our people makes us a recognized leader in many markets. Our projects are well known. Our people set us apart. We inspire greatness. Can you picture yourself at Turner? If so, apply and let’s do great things together!
Position Description: Supports the adoption of Lean and Last Planner System and supplements the efforts of the Regional Lean Manager in strengthening Turner’s adoption of a lean culture within the region, business unit or assigned project(s).
Reports to: General Manager, Operations Manager, Regional Lean Manager, Lean Manager, Project Manager, or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: In the areas assigned:
- Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a learning resource by developing and following a plan to achieve project goals.
- Works daily with the teams in the utilization of the mechanics of the Last Planner® System (LPS).
- Supports development and implementation of assigned project improvements and innovation through workshops and coaching. In addition, works with the Regional Lean Manager or Lean Manager to share and learn from improvement efforts.
- Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, 5S, etc.
- In conjunction with the Regional Lean Manager, develops project specific implementation strategies for lean and the LPS.
- Conducts regular project reviews with the project team, Operations Manager and Regional Lean Manager to review project status, challenges and opportunities and to establish measurable goals for improvement.
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated commitment to leadership, learning, and strong interpersonal skills. Travel required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud. *May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer