Lean Construction Manager
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, with over 1 billion square feet in 19 countries, over $200B of gross AUM. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create a competitive advantage. As a top ranked U.S. company among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Lean Construction Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
At Prologis, The Development management team delivers about $6 billion worth of projects annually and is constantly looking for opportunities to innovate and improve portfolio performance. Reporting into the Global Planning, Performance, and Innovation team (PPI), this role will be responsible for working with General Contractors and subcontractors to maximize value, minimize costs, create efficiencies, and improve productivity involved with specific construction projects. The Lean Construction Manager will work with leadership and development teams across the US to implement innovative tools and systems to further accelerate project delivery and reduce costs.
What’s Needed In Order To Do That
- Implement, refine, and monitor planning and performance management processes and tools to lower costs, reduce construction times/schedules and ensure more productive and efficient projects.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement; act on them during current projects and apply lessons learned to future projects.
- Identify and evaluate innovative construction solutions that add value to the Prologis portfolio.
- Conduct pull planning sessions, in field observations and wrench time observations to generate insights and solutions.
- Drive implementation of productivity improvement initiatives with the GC and subcontractors and validate impact on projects.
- Optimize site and equipment utilization, material layout and flow.
- Create a central database and share across Prologis to promote lean construction where appropriate.
- Gather KPIs in the field and update productivity dashboards.
- Communicate effectively with internal leaders and development teams to ensure support for resources and implementation of solutions.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Lean construction or as a field superintendent and/or project engineer.
- 1-3 years’ experience in pull planning, daily productivity tracking and innovative technology to help drive in field construction efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management
- Lean certifications are desirable
- Proficiency with scheduling tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera, and last planner system)
- Proven record of problem solving and approaching creative solutions
- Travel up to 70% as needed for project locations.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k)-retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.