This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 6,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 98 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Director, Pre-Construction is responsible for running major projects with the capabilities and personality to develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers ( Existing customers in Orange and LA county )
Essential Dutes & Responsibilities
Maintain thorough project details list that describes the project “trail.”
Plan and organize a project. Also known as a “Pursuit Leader”
Understand company’s philosophy and systems.
Understand objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies.
Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate construction activities.
Represent the company in project meetings.
Supervise the preparation of any and all pricing quotations for presentation to the prime customer.
Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related discipline
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in construction industry; electrical contractor preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
- Must possess excellent communication skills with owners, architects, and design consultants
- Thorough understanding of various types of design projects and concepts including: design build, design assist, IPD, Lean and LEED
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Knowledge of Northwest and Portland Metro area construction markets would be a plus
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- 10 – 25%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.