Group Leader- Nashville
Faith Technologies, a division of Faith Technologies Incorporated (FTI), is an energy expert and national leader in electrical planning, engineering, design and installation. As a comprehensive authority in the field of electrical and energy services, Faith leads industry change through a dedicated investment in technology, strategic project consulting and process engineering that drives productivity, value, and above all, safety. Through innovative practices, Faith drives trends in growth and development with continual investment in their merit-based employees’ skill, leadership and career development.
This position is responsible for providing overall management for electrical and/or specialty systems construction projects within a market-driven profit center and for overseeing staff within the assigned profit center.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training
Experience: Two years of project management experience
Experience: Five years project management experience
- Creates and manages a profit center structure that supports the needs of the enterprise in terms of business strategy, profitability, and competitive advantage. Spends approximately 60% of time focused on business development related activities and remaining 40% of time is focused on operational activities.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies.
- Ensures profit center compliance with Company best practices, values, and processes.
- Accurately budgets and manages sales and gross margin consistent with established needs and standards of the organization. Focuses on growth on a company-wide and national basis. Cooperates and collaborates with Geographical Group Leaders to achieve goals.
- Mentors and provides guidance to Associate Project Managers, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and General Superintendents.
- Partners with Talent Operations to optimize recruiting and selection, employee relations, and other related topics as it pertains to direct reports.
- Directs implementation and execution of operational efficiencies that maximize people, processes, and profitability throughout the profit center (i.e., BidSmart, Faith Performance Advantage, Lean Construction, etc.).
- Strategizes to ensure that the appropriate Project Managers are aligned with the appropriate projects.
- Works in conjunction with General Superintendents to ensure that the appropriate team/crew is staffed on the appropriate project.
- Works with Project Managers to ensure construction projects are profitable to meet customer deadlines and expectations. Provides assistance with planning, organizing, and staffing projects. Reviews outgoing estimates with Estimating and other groups as necessary (i.e., PreCon Managers, Faith Gear, Engineering, VDC, Logistics, Excellerate, Energy, ERM, etc.). Visits various jobsites and interacts with crew, customers, foreman, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and to support and encourage safe behavior.
- Fosters a productive, enthusiastic, and synergistic team of direct reports through coaching and development, goal setting, and ongoing talent and performance assessment.
- Effectively delegates to direct reports with proper control systems in place to ensure accountability and to prevent decision making bottlenecks.
- Provides frequent and clear feedback to direct reports, offers clear direction, and ensures direct reports are sure about their goals.
- Acts as coach and developer of managerial talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals. Evaluates candidates' and managers' willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability. Spends ample time evaluating people in 'test' managerial roles. Holds managers who report to him/her accountable for managerial work.
- Creates a supportive environment that allows mistakes but not failure (motivates and instructs; shares positive and negative feedback in a constructive manner.).
- Promotes the merit shop philosophy by ensuring effective, fair, and timely performance evaluations for all employees.
- Participates in performance evaluation process; conducts employee performance reviews in an effective and timely manner; and establishes field wage merit increases.
- Promotes a positive Company Culture by fostering friendly and constructive employee relations.
- Calls on and/or meets with and qualifies customers for appropriate geographic units to better understand their needs in order to propose solutions.
- Manages the boundaries that separate units which report directly and with other parts of the business. Monitors the flow of work between his/her unit and others in the organization; asking questions, and recommending improvements. Understands and conveys functional strategies, business strategies, and corporate mission. Fosters effective cross-functional collaborations to accelerate work processes.
- Deploys and redeploys resources among managers' areas.
- Identifies and generates new business. Networks, establishes, and maintains customer relationships.
- Updates and maintains sales process in CRM software.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Actively participates in Faith’s hiring referral and mentoring program, as appropriate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.