This job is no longer accepting applications.
HMI is a multi-discipline, privately held firm that designs, builds, and maintains the critical infrastructure of the country. HMI brings extensive industry knowledge, technical excellence, and an integrated approach to engineering, planning, construction, project management, and turnkey delivery solutions for the power, oil & gas, and communications industries. HMI works closely with clients to assess each situation and achieve high-quality outcomes on projects of all sizes and complexity.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence, the Lean Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of methodology and best practices for Lean initiatives across the HMI subsidiaries. This role will support the development of measurable goals, action plans, and monitoring of Lean training and activities to ensure successful execution of Lean plans.
Major Job Elements
- Support the development of lean processes, continuous improvement, standard work, problem solving, value stream mapping, implementation of Last Planner construction management, training and employee involvement.
- Work with Managers and Line of Business Market Leaders collaboratively to develop continuous improvement programs and promote the alignment of activities to achieve market strategy and business plans.
- Support the development of project excellence acumen throughout the organization through the deployment of standard methodologies and approaches and provide training to operations teams on formal Lean concepts and tools.
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the Last Planner System on projects to drive operational performance excellence, cost containment, quality, and revenue generation.
- Using tracking and reporting systems, prepare plans, drive performance, and assure timely completion and achievement of Lean initiative targets and operational implementation.
- Assist in the development and advancement of vertical diversification in the Federal Government space across all of HMI service offerings. (Power, Gas, Telecom)
- BS degree in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management, or related profession preferred.
- 5 plus years of relevant utility industry experience within a leadership position.
- Lean certification preferred.
- Project Management/Engineering Methodology experience required.
- Thorough understanding of strategic planning, Lean, Last Planner System, and operational excellence required.
- Proficient understanding of Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and other project management software platforms such as MS Project.
- Very strong preference for candidates who have self-performing Lean construction experience, with a strong background in various types of utilities.
- Ability to travel throughout multi-state region, as necessary to meet business objectives.
The Lean Manager requires the ability to work in an office setting, as well as, on active construction sites. This position includes, but is not limited to, significant time standing or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in tight spaces and, in general, is overall physically demanding. Candidates should only apply if they are capable of working in these conditions.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
In order to achieve the goal of ensuring a drug and alcohol-free workplace all offers of employment will require the successful completion and clearance of a company-sponsored pre-employment drug screen.
Your application has been successfully submitted.