Senior Preconstruction Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Responsibility for delivering superior preconstruction services and oversight of estimating.
- Lead role in providing all deliverables required for RFP responses, e.g., budget review/bid, schedule, approach text, etc.
- Engage effectively with Owner and designers / engineers during meetings where XL is present.
- Manages all preconstruction or bidding functions on projects with no limit on size.
- Conducts all levels of preconstruction role including oversight of estimates from conceptual to detailed to final GMP/bid.
- Overall Cost Management during preconstruction.
- Design Management during preconstruction including Target Value Delivery (TVD) and Value Engineering (VE).
- Effective facilitation of risk workshops and output risk register documentation.
- Effective contribution to constructability reviews.
- Options Analysis - creative problem solving and able to propose value adding solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper reviewing/proofing/levelling of competitive bids.
- Direct the Preconstruction Managers including assignments, quality assurance and budget review.
- Takes the lead in creating a comprehensive ITB - ensures subcontracts are bought out properly.
- Review opportunities to engage Underutilized Business Enterprises (UBE) during procurement.
- Ensure that Trade Partners get meaningful feedback on both wins and losses when bidding.
- Keep current with (technology) 'tools' to increase efficiency/proficiency.
- Remain up to date with XL service offerings from the Construction Technology group and understand their applications.
- Understand the application and use of estimating systems.
- Strategist for securing bid opportunities (Win work).
- Development of draft General Conditions / General Requirements including staff-loader.
- Maximize sub relationships to support XL work.
- Awareness of external market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Maximize fee enhancement opportunities i.e. SDI, SPW, buyout.
- Explore opportunities for the use of Bradley, Elevated and Arrow in all GMP/Bid submissions.
- Work cohesively with project teams and provide effective direction during preconstruction.
- Train others on different systems, their cost structures, and estimating approaches.
- Coaching / Mentoring of direct reporting preconstruction staff.
- Review of prime contract to assess risk and refer to risk management team
- Active involvement in outside industry groups.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- 12-18 years in construction (8-10 years in estimating/bidding, 8-10 years in XL Market Segments).
- Expert knowledge and understanding of structural, architectural and MEP systems, corresponding unit costs, and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Excellent presentation skills with Owners and XL project teams.
- Strong client and designer / engineer relationships.
- Familiar with Timberline Estimating and On-Screen Take Off (OST).
- Strong construction knowledge- understands new building structural systems including deep foundation systems, facades, and MEP systems.
- Multiple large (100K sq. ft. + ground up) project experience.
- Proven successful track record of winning work and delivering preconstruction services.
- Ability to oversee conceptual / summary level schedules.
- BS level education or professional certification.
- Ability to assess and manage risk.
- Knowledge of LEED, Well, and Living Building Challenge.
- Knowledge of Target Value Delivery, Pull planning and other lean concepts.
- Experience with negotiated and competitive bid submissions.
- Experience with progressive and stipulated sum Design/Build.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
Your application has been successfully submitted.