Senior Lean Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Your new company
One of the largest commercial construction contractors in the US is looking for a Senior Lean Manager to join the growing Chicago Downtown office. This General Contractor is largely regarded as one of the top construction firms in the US. Award winning company that is still able to maintain a close-knit company culture that sets it apart from other contractors of a similar size.
Your new role
- Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture in alignment with region and company goals and priorities
- Is a key member of the Business Unit or Project Management team(s) providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
- Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, the Last Planner® System, 5S, etc.
- Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
- Works with Regional Lean Manager to implement standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Lean Training, etc.)
- Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by business unit/regional leadership
- Facilitates the establishment of a lean management system and culture
- Develops and conducts standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership and culture
- Conducts regular project reviews with the Project Team, Operations Manager, and Regional Lean Manager to review project status, challenges, and opportunities and to establish measurable goals for improvement
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a learning resource by developing and following a plan to achieve project goals
What you'll need to succeed
To qualify for the position you’ll need to have minimum 5 years working in a lean environment. Qualified Bachelors degree. Proficient in all Microsoft packages. Preferred Last Planner System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program). Can do attitude & strong coaching / mentoring skills. Construction experience not essential for the role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career
Your application has been successfully submitted.