Senior Project Manager (Northern California)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Division: Bay Area Main
Project Location(s): Oakland, CA 94601 USA
Minimum Years Experience: 8+
Job Type: Regular
Job Classification: Experienced
Education: Bachelors Degree
Job Family: Construction
Compensation: Salaried Exempt
Position Description: Leads, directs and coordinates the overall management of multiple projects.
Reports To: Project Executive, Deputy Operations Manager or Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Develop a high-performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Understand and administer Turner's contract and subcontract agreements.
- Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
- May work with Preconstruction team in development of project.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Program.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Work with Accounting to initiate Pay Application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings (ORMs).
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives and technologies.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of eight years' of project management experience with a large general contractor or major subcontractor in the commercial construction industry. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Prove written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Experience supervising a team of engineers. Ability to communicate and develop a relationship with clients. Prior project experience with healthcare projects (OSHPD) with volume of $25M+.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Your application has been successfully submitted.