Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Integrity and fairness. Hard work and performance. A love for what we do. These are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
We are currently seeking outstanding talent to join our team! As our organization grows, we will need more phenomenal people to share in our successes. The Boldt Company is expecting even more growth in the coming weeks or months, and we want to build our pipeline of outstanding candidates as new opportunities arise. If you're interested in working for a successful organization with big plans for the future, we invite you to apply today!
How your role fits into Boldt:
In this role, you will provide project management excellence to lead the construction and preconstruction efforts for projects ranging in budgets from $25M to $1B based on Lean principles that support collaboration and integrated project delivery. You will be responsible for coordinating and leading internal project team, trade partners and clients throughout the preconstruction, construction and turnover of the project. This position will lead the efforts in the creation and adherence to the project timeline, project budget, trade partner contracts and negotiations, and internal and external project reporting.
Are you a forward-thinking leader? Are you ready to learn how you can take on a new challenge while reporting directly to either a Project Executive or Operations Executive of the Western Operations Division? If you love to work in a fast-growing market, be ready to commit full time to the projects located in San Francisco.
What you get to do:
- Supports vision to ensure that the project pursuit as well as the project itself, has the proper operational strategies and systems in place to achieve the desired expectations.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to serve others with a high concern for people while maintaining a steady focus on outcomes.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Effects change by modeling and reinforcing a continuous improvement culture.
- Controls costs and enhance revenues to achieve project goals.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team to effectively grow the organization and build operating efficiency.
- Secure all required permitting as needed and set up proper protocols for all required inspections are scheduled, documented and ultimately approved.
- Lead in onboarding and contract negotiations with partners and 3rd party vendors and that the buyout is in alignment with the budget.
- Collaborate with preconstruction team, architects, engineers and trade partners to coordinate the BIM model and oversee any conflict resolution.
- Effectively communicate the project status to client and to company leadership using detailed project reporting related to budget, schedule, quality, safety and changes on the project.
- Conduct weekly OAC meetings and provide all required reports and documentation to ensure all partners are informed of project status and potential issues. Conduct coordination meetings with all trades, vendors and key personnel on a weekly basis.
- Provide monthly invoices and oversee all documentation and approvals needed to ensure timely funding for the project and subsequent payment to all partners and vendors.
- Work closely with the client, architect and engineers to control and lead any change in scope and provide all impacts and documentation of such to allow for a timely decision to be made, such as cost, schedule and quality implications and obtain the Owner’s approval.
- Oversee the performance and quality of inspections throughout the project to eliminate the need for re-work and lead the effort to close out the project through proper punch list protocols.
- Collaboratively work with the project superintendent, trade partners and client to develop and enforce a project safety plan.
- Assist with the documentation of project scope and the plan development and verify that the design meets the contractual obligation on a periodic basis.
- Provide technical assistance in the selection of other partners, subcontractors and suppliers required to complete the project
- Oversee the design documents and ensure that version control is always maintained with all members of the team.
- Collaborate on the creation of project phasing plans with project team and align with schedule and estimated costs.
- Effectively manage a colocation operating environment for the project team.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
What we expect from you:
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Advanced management or technical training preferred.
- Extensive (ten or more years) experience in similar facility construction project management and related functions plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and decision-making/problem-solving skills are essential.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The employee is required to be able to optimally communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and inclusive work environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health coach, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Professional growth and development opportunities including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department. All qualified applicants are reassured to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.