This job is no longer accepting applications.
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $3.8 billion in revenue for 2020, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#5), Top 400 Contractors (#24)
The Role We Want You For
The VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) Engineer will become a strategic asset within a growing business unit and the key member of our project teams. As part of VDC team you will be involved in a range of activities throughout the design build cycle that are essential for a successful project delivery. These activities include support and implementation of Clayco’s Digital Practice Technology in a variety of tasks as they relate to design analysis, design process, pre-construction, construction and the facility handover.
This is a critical support role with opportunity to become one of our VDC industry experts.
- 3+ years’ experience in AEC industry, in particular MEP coordination.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with VDC/BIM related processes.
- Solid knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Advanced proficiency with Autodesk Building Design Suite (Revit, Assemble Systems, AutoCAD, Navisworks, 3DS Max), Reconstruct, VICO Office, and BIM 360 could based technology.
- Experience with reality capture, in particular with FARO systems
- Strong understanding of project workflow.
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work is a plus
- Able to make reliable and accurate conclusions based on information gathered.
- Ability to educate project team on software, and workflows utilized throughout the construction process.
- Able to read and understand contract documents and drawings.
- Willing to travel and relocate to a jobs site.
Some Things You Should Know
- Our clients and projects are nationwide. So travel will be required
- In this role you will lead some efforts and assist with others
- You will be expected to provide guidance and leadership
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Your application has been successfully submitted.