This job is no longer accepting applications.
At STV, we not only take on top-notch projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievement and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you. You will enjoy outstanding opportunities for innovation, challenging design, and direct collaboration with project team members from architectural and engineering disciplines.
STV is looking for a BIM Specialist, based out of our New York, NY Office for our Building & Facilities division to contribute to engineering and building design in compliance with applicable building codes, client standards, and design excellence utilizing design technology. You will work with project architects and engineers of every building trade on a variety of facilities including commercial, institutional, municipal, infrastructure and transit.
- Academic knowledge in design technology and/or AEC design workflows
- Strong knowledge in hand/digital drafting and AEC means and methods
- Create quality assets for the enterprise digital design library through project work
- Monitor projects for errors and enforces model/drawing clean up and use of standards by project team
- Provide day to day support of design technology software
- Provide modeling and drafting services on an as needed basis
- Maintain standard processes for model setup and asset creation and development
- Assist in creation and enforcement of BIM execution plans
- Alert design team members of software changes applicable to discipline specific workflows
- Teaching of design technology skills to engineers and architects as needed based on observed deficiencies
- Maintain deliverable quality of the product per the client and contract standards
- General problem solver with a “nothing is impossible” attitude towards design technology issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Basic to intermediate Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD knowledge
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the AEC Industry
- Understanding of design drawings and model information
- Understanding of construction scheduling and estimating
- Familiarity with MicroStation, Open Buildings Designer and other Bentley Products a plus
- Revit and Navisworks API knowledge a plus
- Interest/Knowledge in C#, Grasshopper and/or Python
- Confidence with communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work on a team and in-between multiple teams
- Able to complete tasks with respect to deadlines
- Passion for innovation and utilizing existing and new technology for design
Your application has been successfully submitted.