LEAN Continuous Improvement Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Okland is looking for a LEAN Continuous Improvement (CI) Executive to engage directly with our corporate leadership team refining and implementing strategic goals, then working with all business units and project teams to ensure that those goals are cascading to every part of the company. This candidate will have experience working with operations teams on construction job sites, manufacturing facilities, or related fields guiding teams on how to implement and sustain lean principles. This candidate will lead CI efforts for the each of the company’s geographic areas in supporting projects and leaders in successful application of the Okland Operating System (OOS). Primary purpose is to create a culture of improving the work while doing the work. This will help Okland achieve its purpose of creating remarkable experiences. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, coaching and developing senior leaders, as well as their employees, in effective strategy deployment, strategic initiatives, closed-loop leadership principles of follow-up, and use of CI tools, problem solving, and improvement systems. This candidate will champion and rally a culture of sustained continuous improvement through regular communication and goal setting throughout all levels of the organization, and will drive results in a short amount of time.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides coaching to project and department level leaders on all components of the Okland Operating System, including the culture, principles, system, tools, rationale, and the associated behaviors.
- Drives targeted, sustainable improvement by leveraging consulting skills and change management processes across multiple departments.
- Create strategic plans to eliminate waste within the business unit by utilizing lean processes, metrics, cost savings, best demonstrated practices and enterprise resource management. Works across multiple departments to support utilization of and training in these techniques and programs.
- Guides all lean system initiatives and works with site leadership on lean implementation using lean systems as the principal tool.
- Utilizes and teaches others on the use of numerous tools and approaches for problem solving and data collection. Collects, analyzes, and displays data, including KPIs and targets, and to effectively influence improvement actions of teams based on the data.
- Ensures true north fundamental statements, KPIs/targets, strategic initiatives, goals and leading measures align with company’s expectations of KPI and goal performance.
- Proactively coaches and develops leaders with implementation of effective visual management systems (performance boards, huddle boards, and scorecards). Teams utilize visual indicators of normal and abnormal, with analysis trends that identify focus needs, along with leading measures and recovery plans that support favorable KPI and goal performance.
- Assist in the training and guidance of directors, team leaders, and members to develop and implement lean action plans, including development and deployment of goals, the check/adjust process, and coaching leaders on A3 thinking.
- Ensures successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring commitment to the kaizen process which includes 1) planning of kaizen with a dynamic funnel process, 2) kaizen execution, and 3) sustainment of kaizen.
- Serve as a company Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various Lean/Process Improvement activities.
- Participates in new employee orientation, event-based training, and other formal and informal educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, based on business needs.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in a business, engineering, or design related field and five years of professional experience; OR
Bachelor’s Degree in a business, engineering or design related field and seven years of professional experience
Experience must include:
Operational experience with direct accountability for results (General Manager, OPS officer, Administration, Manager)
Five (5) years of experience in continuous process improvement using industry-accepted methodologies.
Five (5) years of experience leading projects, mentoring and leading teams with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy and sound decision making.
Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong analytical skillset in data management.
Proven ability to simplify complex system initiatives into operational practices including the ability to make appropriate adjustment and develop sustainment plans.
Must possess a working knowledge of the history, theory, and practice of process improvement, including familiarity with a wide range of industry accepted process improvement tools and methodologies.
Ability to lead projects through an ambiguous, conceptual state to an organized deliverable.
Advanced level competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and Visio.
Preferred Education/Experience Requirements
- Prior experience implementing and/or being part of developing and maintaining a lean construction, manufacturing, construction, or other similar operations environment, including providing performance/process analysis and improvement.
- Three (3) years working for an organization who has a formal improvement method such as Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma or other methods.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Requirements
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in leading process improvement projects in manufacturing, construction or similar environment.
- Proficient in lean, including Kaizen (continuous improvement design and facilitation).
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable in front of all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Experience using process improvement tools.
- Capable of working independently under ambiguous and/or changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently in a high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
OKLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY PROTECTED CLASS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO RACE, GENDER, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AND GENDER IDENTITY.
Your application has been successfully submitted.