Lean Project Manager
The position is based in our Burlington, MA office with remote working opportunities within Stantec policy.
Stantec is HIRING! We are searching for a LEAN Project Manager to provide full qualified Design and Construction Management and Continuous Improvement support to our New England Transportation team. Grow with the best. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients. Join our talented team of professionals and help us keep communities connected.
We are looking for a resourceful, organized, and committed individual with experience working on horizontal and vertical construction projects of varying scale and complexity. You will play in integral part in delivering quality submissions and tracking overall project performance. You will develop and implement Lean Design and continuous improvement strategies on projects and processes. The ongoing success of our group will allow you to set the pace of your career. The position is based in our Burlington, MA office with remote working opportunities within Stantec policy.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in management of design and construction projects
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, proposals, reports, schedules, minutes, spreadsheets, presentations, database lists, specifications, and contracts
- Attends meetings, prepares meeting minutes including the coordination and tracking of action items and deliverables
- Creates and maintains project plans, schedules, and deliverables
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, books meetings rooms
- Collects, organizes, and distributes requests for information, submittals, and shop drawings
- Basic use of MS Office, Mural, Oracle Primavera and continued growth of software knowledge
- Assists in updating schedule changes in software under the direction of the project manager
- Prepares and facilitates team meetings, including Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Performs other key responsibilities of a similar nature and level as assigned
Qualifications - External
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge and skills in design and construction project management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, desire to learn, punctual, and organized
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team settings and engage in creative and critical thought
- Exercises independent judgment to analyze issues, interpret information, and select methods and solutions to resolve problems generally within standard practice guidelines
- Provides mentoring and informal guidance to junior level staff, may assist in assigning tasks, providing coaching, and checking work
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in project monitoring and controls software (Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6)
- Experience with organizing and facilitating team meetings
- Experience with Lean Design and Construction
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management, Technical degree or certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 10 years of progressive professional experience. Professional Lean Design or continuous improvement experience. More experienced individuals are encouraged to apply as the responsibilities of the position are flexible based on experience level.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Jo...