Senior Project Manager-Real Estate
Under the direction and guidance of the Sr. Director of Real Estate and Space Planning - manages in house and outside resources for the purpose of delivering cost effective project management, design services and construction administration for new facilities, additions and interior renovation projects. Oversees, delegates and/or out-sources the project responsibilities as required.
- Manages the coordination of small to medium facilities projects including designers, contractors and customers by monitoring the project through all phases in order to ensure conformity with original design objectives and construction documents.
- Selects and utilizes the participation of consultants with the goal of integrating and maximizing the contributions of participants.
- Identifies problems and develops solutions to determine realistic project scope, budgets and schedules. Determines the appropriateness of premium time work on a case-by-case basis with the goals of minimizing interruption of services to patients and staff, meeting project goals of schedule and budget.
- Evaluates and manages cost control during construction phase through the proper use of budgetary appropriations. Maintains records, drawings and files
- Establishes priority of requests according to organizational objectives. Revises priorities in response to the changing hospital environment.
- Participates with other professionals in the hospital while processing bids and awarding of contracts to consultants such as designers, engineers, and architects, and to vendors and contractors.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment to eliminate accidents adhering to Facilities Management's policy and procedures and all other hospital safety regulations.
- Ensures conformance with building codes and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of all pertinent codes, standards, statutes, laws and regulations of the authorities having jurisdiction.
- Seeks new ideas, expands knowledge base, and keeps abreast of changes in the industry with the goal of constantly improving customer service.
A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering is preferred but not required.
A minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in either healthcare, institutional and/or pharmaceutical planning, design, construction management, project management and/or facilities engineering required.
Knowledge And Skills
In-depth knowledge of multifaceted clinical projects including planning, resource management, cost management, and quality measurement.
- Effective communication leading to trusted liaison with hospital administration, department leads to achieve on-time and durable decision making as well as clear status reports on specific projects
- Ability to motivate design and construction teams.
- Understanding of managing information technology, clinical engineering and public safety resources in a clinical setting.
- Clear understanding of and ability to manage project deliverables to ensure adherence with established quality standards.
- Assign tasks of assembling project teams, identifying appropriate resources, assigning individual responsibilities, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Lean Healthcare and Lean Construction experience a plus.
- Integrated Project Delivery of Healthcare Projects a plus.
- Have familiarity with local and national healthcare building codes, Department of Public Health approval process and AIA/FGI healthcare guidelines.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Project Management Information Systems.
- CAD or REVIT is STRONLY desired.
Your application has been successfully submitted.