Project Manager - Lean - Charlotte
Brasfield & Gorrie, a recognized leader in the construction industry, has an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager focused on Lean principles (Lean Manager) in Charlotte, NC.
The Lean Manager will encourage a culture focused on continuous improvement by supporting our clients, project teams and company in our efforts to incorporate lean tools and philosophy within their current processes.
- Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Engage various levels of leaders to coach, train and teach Lean concepts
- Facilitate and collaborate with internal departments and complex project teams
- Facilitate continuous improvement events with company leaders and external clients
- Coach and support project teams with the implementation of all components of Last Planner System
- Train and support office and project teams with various lean tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, Target Value Delivery, Choosing by Advantages, A3s, 5S, and Visual Management
- Challenge teams to focus on building a culture of continuous improvement, challenging status quo
- Engage with clients and designers to share Brasfield & Gorrie’s Lean culture
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architectural or other related field
- 5+ years experience in construction operations and/or design preferred
- 2+ years experience in group facilitation and implementing collaborative delivery (Integrated Project Delivery, Target Value Delivery, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%
- Passionate about leading change and improving company processes
- Experience, coursework, or certification in lean practices
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to speak confidently in groups of 30+
- Ability to coach complex and diverse groups
- Ability and desire to master new skills
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.