CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
The Pre-Construction Manager will coordinate heavily with Corporate and Regional resources, as well as various Project Directors/Managers to assist operations teams during pursuit and pre-construction phases of projects. Primary areas of project responsibility will include proposal development, execution strategy development, and preliminary estimate and schedule development through the initial phases of the project. The Pre-Construction Manager will work closely with the Trade Partner Account Management team to identify Trade Partners and integrate them into the development of ONEsolution proposals and projects. The Pre-Construction Manager will work closely with our ONEsolution facilitators to integrate lean and IPD approaches into execution plans.
Additional project responsibilities may include constructability reviews, TVD management, scheduling, estimating, cost control, and procurement activities. When required, the Pre-Construction Manager will monitor design progress for compliance with defined cost, schedule, and quality criteria. They will coordinate resolution of constructability issues during design and ensure pricing of alternative design concepts is achieved by leading engineering reviews.
The Pre-Construction Manager will support all of CRB’s project delivery approaches notably our lean, integrated project delivery model, ONEsolution.
- Coordinate all pre-construction deliverables from the time of a project’s pursuit through the Chartering Phase (or its equivalent) or further depending on project needs, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and that the requirements of the project are met
- Attend project design meetings
- Review project documentation for quality, content, and constructability
- Plan and lead pre-construction strategy meetings on approach to projects/estimates
- Assure potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with management
- Coordinate resolution of constructability issues during design and ensure pricing of alternative design concepts is achieved by leading engineering reviews
- Ensure preliminary construction schedules are developed in accordance with estimates
- Prepare and analyze cost models during the Chartering phase (or equivalent) and/or bidding period
- Assist with permitting process
- Participate in pre-qualification of suppliers
- Define and confirm the scope of work
- Research and recruit new subcontractors
- Assist with contract documents
- Coordinate and conduct project hand-over meetings to field execution staff
- Support VDC Coordinator in development of models and construction documents, evaluating modeling expertise and overall progress
- Participate in cross-discipline coordinate meetings in order to evaluate model progress, guide workflow, and run QA/QC coordination on a regular basis
- Promote the growth and development of Client and CRB relationships
- Represent the company and project teams in a positive manner during all project meetings
- Coordinate and oversee the delegated responsibilities of others on the project team in the preparation of estimates and budgets
- Understand client-specific standards and provide support accordingly
- Attend trade/industry organizations events and training
- Develop, Coordinate, manage, and supervise pre-construction support staff
- Degree in Construction, Engineering, or related field
- 10 years of project management experience
- Minimum 3 years of estimating and scheduling experience
- Experience using computer-based estimating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at problem-solving in a manner that avoids conflicts between parties
- Lean/IPD experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.