Senior Construction Project Manager - Intel Mask Operations
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) who builds the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, tool install and new factories and site infrastructure. We are looking for world class diverse technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business. We are looking for world-class diverse technical talent to join our team.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team, the Project Manager may be an individual contributor, or a manager based on scope size. A key to this role will be close engagement with customers, stakeholders and partners as well as leadership of the site project execution team. They will be responsible for managing the Santa Clara IMO Mask programs that have 150M-250M dollars in yearly spends, with a contractor workforce ranging from 300 to 500 contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor and Office Building Construction Industry.
The position reports to the site-based Senior Program Manager, and in this role the person will directly support all day-to-day operations of the Senior PM and will be accountable for aspects of the site portfolio of work including leadership of the site project teams, supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope, schedule performance and budget monitoring and controls for Intel construction projects without impact to factory operations. This role is expected to make breakthroughs in our construction capability, productivity, and agility through sourcing and developing contractor companies and making significant changes in integrated construction solutions. This role includes driving cultural change, development of the people on-site, proper workforce planning, people and skills development, strategic leadership, and driving synergy between site and enterprise resources.
As a Senior Construction Project Manager - Intel Mask Operations your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create synergy with enterprise ecosystem, engaging with key customers and stakeholders to achieve shared program results.
- Shape the environment, anticipating and solving complex problems
- Shape an organization to enable trust, understanding, and empowerment while retaining effectiveness, agility, simplicity, and efficiency
- Develop and enable a bias for action with unity of effort and purpose.
- Create clearly defined connections and flows that translate business and technical requirements into high quality constructible solutions.
- Integrate enterprise capabilities to create maximum effects on key program indicators.
- Frame risk and share your understanding to enable agility and momentum across programs.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage a wide spectrum of Construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new CR modules, continuous conversions, and special projects as we transform to a Data Centric company.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions, leveraging industry insights to Intel's multidimensional challenges.
- Help build and maintain an organization that is lean, efficient, and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service
- Leadership philosophy that makes Fab Construction at IMO the best place to work in Intel.
- Manage day to day construction operations to ensure a safety-focused environment
- The Successful Candidate Should Exhibit The Following Behavioral Traits
- Expertise in Construction, Facilities, Fab Technology, Quality and Lean are desirable.
- Skills to manage and lead discussions with executive management, drilling down to details and managing an effort hands-on as the need arises.
- Skills to manage and lead across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Have strategic leadership and communication skills.
- Expertise to drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires and the willingness to partner and influence in a highly matrix environment
- Complex problem solving skills using a structured process, constraint management and site operations.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management with 12+ years of leadership experience as a design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent leadership role in large scale organizations and program management with knowledge of Semiconductor facilities systems and operations.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related field with 8+ years of leadership experience as a design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent leadership role in large scale organizations and program management with knowledge of Semiconductor facilities systems and operations.
- 15+ years of demonstrated strategic leadership, Program management in Semiconductor industry will be considered in lieu of a degree
- MBA or PhD
- Expertise in program management
- Knowledge of the Construction life cycle
- Solid resume of large-scale operations, programs, and project management
Your application has been successfully submitted.