Project Manager - LEAN IPD
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a LEAN IPD Project Manager to provide the daily technical direction of the design, estimate preparation, and execution of multiple construction projects with the guidance of the project Superintendent and the mentoring of their supervisor. Manage overall project team/design team to bring the vision of the customer to life. Assist the sales team with the overall sales strategy for the project. In addition, provide management assistance to the leader of various corporate responsibilities. Leverage the Senior Project Managers time. This individual is encouraged to be active in internal and external committees and affiliations.
- Assist the Business Developer in understanding the vision of the customer
- Assist the project team in creating the business strategy
- Assist in the selection of the design professionals best suited for the specific project
- Ensure every project estimate has been critiqued by a knowledgeable peer of the construction group
Manage Project Design
- Provide leadership direction in creating the estimate and the technical portion of a proposal
- Assist in the strategy creation for all project estimates
- Manage and/or preparation of scope of work for vendor solicitation
- Manage and/or creation of all estimates (conceptual and detailed)
- Manage and/or create technical specification for project proposals
- Manage and/or assemble bid analysis
- Ensure selected bids cover the scope of work for the project prior to going to contract
- Provide direction of project design team
- Meet or exceed the customer expectations while achieving company benchmarks and upholding the Corporate Beliefs
- Monitor project profitability and notify manager of significant changes (+\-)
- Delegate to project team members specific project responsibilities and insure these roles are being executed
- Preparation of project responsibilities list
- Negotiate and document vendor/subcontracts agreements
- Insure all construction drawings are complete (seek input from Superintendent)
- Prepare project forecast updates in Viewpoint, monthly at a minimum
- Monitor and advise Supervisor/Superintendent of variances in project cost
- Keep senior managers informed of variances in project cost
- Research cost effective solutions to project problems
- Manage overall project profitability with collaboration with the project Superintendent
- Facilitate client and subcontractor meetings (with meeting notes and agendas)
- Foster client relationships
- Mentoring and training of subordinates
- Participate in sales strategy sessions
- Continuous pursuit of cost saving and process improvement strategies
- Capable of handling multiple projects/estimates simultaneously
- Utilize Procore for all aspects of project management
- Create and maintain project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project
- Leverage Supervisor/Superintendent time
- Enforce safety to the highest degree on all projects and with all direct reports
Generally requires 3-5 years experience and a 4 year Engineering, Construction, or Architectural related degree from an accredited College or university with a minimum of three years in the construction industry. Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, as well as estimating and project management utilizing cost accounting software (Viewpoint is preferred) and Procore. Other related degrees if supported by construction oriented course work or experience.
ATTENDANCE & TRAVEL
Regular attendance is required during normal working hours, at a minimum, which may also include weekend hours and may also vary depending on geographic location. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required. Periodic out of town travel may be required, depending on project assignment, and may include overnight stays.
What We Offer
We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, parental leave, and employer paid short-term disability, health insurance, 401(k) match, wellbeing program, and support through our employee assistant program. Please visit our
Miller Valentine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE MV WAY
We are builders. By definition, we create by assembling the right components, whether they are designs, materials, workforces, or ideas. We thrive in a physical world, where our diverse team of experts join forces to construct the dreams, innovations, and experiences sought by those we serve. Its a world we've excelled in for nearly 60 years.
Our clients, associates, and community partners expect Miller Valentine to deliver the highest quality, innovative designs, structures, and opportunities possible. Its a huge responsibility, but one we eagerly welcome. Our pledge to exceed those expectations makes our organization an exceptional place to contribute, learn, and collaborate. If that sounds like a part of your dream job, sign up to be a part of our world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.