This job is no longer accepting applications.
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
- This position can sit in Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah or Tampa. Candidate must be willing to travel to locations frequently. ***
The Lean Specialist will train internal staff on Lean tools and helps develop and maintain Lean transformation processes and programs. This position will be responsible for maintaining training/planning materials, coaching project teams and helping all employees understand and apply Lean Principles to their work. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Follows directions and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Senior Lean Specialist.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
LEAN SPECIALIST FAMILY - CORE
- Trains internal staff on Lean tools. Helps develop and maintain Lean transformation processes and programs.
- Coaches and supports project teams and/or internal customers with implementation of the basic Lean tools such as Last Planner System, Kanban, meeting facilitation and continuous improvement programs.
- May lead and train PMs and Superintendents to run effective Pull Planning sessions, weekly Planning sessions and Daily Stand-up sessions through a lead/co-facilitate/coach model.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the organization’s ongoing Lean journey.
- Challenges project team members and employees to identify, remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from fulfilling commitments.
- Maintains level of standards of lean tools used among project teams or within the organization.
- Trains and supports the office and/or region with basic lean tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban and Kaizen.
- Trains and coaches employees and team members to understand the Work Flow Commitment Loop (reliable promising).
- Assumes responsibility for bringing all components of the Last Planner System together to function as a system. Trains and coaches the team in LPS practices.
- Utilizes current training materials and customizes to specific assigned customer.
- Looks for opportunities to improve current training materials.
- Serves as an ongoing resource for assigned projects and employees to help identify opportunities for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and build consensus.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Ability to coach.
- Ability to adapt and respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability and desire to master new skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to lead change management and Lean efforts (Intermediate).
- Listening skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to read a situation and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to speak confidently in small groups.
- Open learner and highly coachable.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction operations or Lean experience (Preferred).
- 2+ years experience in meeting or group facilitation (Preferred).
- 0-2 years experience implementing process improvement methodologies (Required).
Your application has been successfully submitted.