Lean Practice Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reporting to the Director of Business Strategies, this person plays a key role in the development, management, and implementation of Lean concepts, Lean culture, and Lean training efforts within the Company. This person launches and coaches construction project teams and individual players to ensure success and confidence with Lean strategies. The Lean Champion leads all aspects of Lean Project Delivery during the life of construction projects, including activities throughout the business units and components of O’Shea Builders’ value stream. This person shall embody and champion the Lean pillars of respect for people and continuous improvement, and has the leadership traits to build team cultures around those pillars. This person consistently supports and upholds The O’Shea Way, Culture, Processes, and Values at all times.
- Keeper of O’Shea Builders’ Lean standards and continuous improvement efforts.
- Facilitates continuous improvement events such as kaizan, team process improvement, scrum implementation, and coaching through plus/delta implementation within O’Shea and with external clients.
- Connect and collaborate on improvement activities with internal departments and complex project teams.
- Train and teach Lean concepts across all Levels of the organization.
- Coach and support project teams throughout the implementation of all components of Target Value Delivery including the Last Planner System of Production Control.
- Train and support office and project teams with various Lean tools including but not limited to: Value Stream Mapping, Target Value Delivery, Choosing by Advantages, A3s, 5S, and Visual Management.
- Galvanizes teams into building a culture of respect and continuous improvement, challenging the status quo.
- Engages with clients and designers in sharing O’Shea Builders’ Lean culture.
- Participate within the Lean Community to learn best practices and consider implementation at O’Shea.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ambitious learner. Curious. Ability and desire to master new skills.
- Able to coach complex and diverse groups.
- Understands key drivers of construction client loyalty and project success.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude at all times.
- Skilled in the use and application of key Lean tools like 5-Why analysis, Value Stream Mapping, root cause analysis, A3 Thinking, Choosing by Advantage, 5S and Business Process Management.
- Change leadership.
- Ability to get along with different personalities and be a fully contributing Team Player.
- Effective in the use of, recommending, and implementing Lean technology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years’ experience in group facilitation, training and implementing Lean, the Last Planner System, Target Value Delivery, collaborative delivery, etc.
- Experience, coursework, or certification in lean practices. CM-Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt, or similar certification strongly desired.
- Skilled in systems thinking, familiarity with Target Value Delivery and Last Planner System of Production Control® a plus.
- Proven track record of building healthy, productive, relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that includes inspiring others, influencing, and presenting ideas at the Executive level.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork within a diverse stakeholder environment.
- Success applying critical thinking and data analytics to solve complex problems.
- Passionate about leading change and improving company processes.
- Possesses the heart of a coach and teacher.
- Ability and willingness to travel (day trips) up to 60% within O’Shea Builders’ geographic region.
- Existing relationships within the Lean Community are a plus.
- Familiarity with construction management software is a plus.
O’Shea Builders is a leading commercial construction-solutions provider in Illinois. We provide Construction Management, Design-Build and General Contracting services. O'Shea Builders provides team members opportunities to be at their bests each and every day by offering a lively culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an encouraging environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.