Construction Optimization (Lean Construction) Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Construction Optimization (Lean Construction) Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Construction Optimization (Lean Construction) Manager, you will join our Construction Technology and Innovation group and be a dynamic team-player to drive Prologis forward within the Industrial Real Estate industry. Our team is dedicated to better servicing our customers and building a future-focused approach to how we develop and construct logistics and distribution facilities. This role will partner with General Contractors (GCs) and Development Managers to deliver innovative construction acceleration programs that maximize value, minimize costs, create efficiencies, and improve productivity. We are looking for a hardworking and creative professional to join us and help elevate Prologis to the next level. If demonstrating your skills in a global environment excites you, apply today!
What’s Needed In Order To Do That
- Partner with Development Managers and General Contractors across regions to build and implement the most efficient schedule, solve constraints, coordinate between GCs and Trade Partners, and preempt issues with consistent negotiation, sequencing, logic, and schedule tracking.
- Implement and monitor planning and performance management processes and tools across all new developments to lower costs, reduce construction times/schedules and ensure safer, more productive, and efficient projects.
- Facilitate pull planning sessions, manage follow-up, conduct in-field observations that generate insights and solutions, optimize site and equipment utilization, and work layout and flow.
- Drive implementation of productivity improvement initiatives with the GC and subcontractors, and validate impact on productivity.
- Implement Prologis standard approach to analyzing schedules on speculative projects, and empowering Development Managers with the tools to deliver best-of-best schedules.
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in construction (i.e., remote progress tracking, robotics, AR/VR, prefabrication) and pilot those which can accelerate project delivery.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the collection and documentation of data in support of construction execution, including: construction production rates, optimal sequencing, and key activity durations
- Leverage the scale of Prologis’s development pipeline to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, act on them during current projects, and apply lessons learned to future projects.
Tell Us If You're Ready
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience as a superintendent or project manager with a leading general contractor.
- 3-5 years of experience in pull planning, daily productivity tracking and innovative technology to help drive construction efficiency in the field.
- Education in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Lean certifications are desirable.
- Proficiency with scheduling tools (i.e. Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, Last Planner System).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to present results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good planning and project management skills; strong attention to detail, organized, deadline driven, ability to prioritize multiple projects with contending priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills; strong social skills.
- Consistent track record to drive impact and work collaboratively with other business functions
- Currently residing in one of our major markets in the United States: Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, South Florida, New York/New Jersey.
Target base compensation range of (for Colorado market): $95,000 - $120,000. Salary and whole compensation package (including bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.