This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are now seeking an experienced leader in Quality Control and Quality Assurance to join our management leadership and implement Okland’s quality control program throughout all phases of construction.
Founded in 1918, Okland Construction operates as a regional general contracting and construction management company with now nearly 1,000 employees and growing. It supervises the architectural, engineering, bidding, contracting, building, inspection from the beginning to the end of the project and specializes in concrete self-preform on large commercial scale.
The ideal candidate has a background overseeing and installing various exterior skin systems with a specialty installing roof skin systems. This role will engage across all projects including review/production of design and construction documents, implementation of QA/QC during construction through review of submittals, RFIs, and review/inspection/testing of ongoing work in the field. It may also include assisting with investigation and analysis of existing buildings and site testing. The QA Senior Manager/Director will collaborate closely with internal and external team members including consultants, A/E professionals, owners, and trade partners while continually striving to elevate the construction process through creating remarkable experiences for all involved.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and improve quality management processes and systems, while training and leading employees and construction partners in the implementation and execution of Okland’s QA Program, QC reports, QC metrics, project site inspections and related project support duties.
- Ensure safety and LEAN principals are elevated in design of QA/QC program.
- Participate in pre-construction efforts highlighting key quality details, means and methods.
- Contribute technical knowledge in design phase meetings with stakeholders and advise on potential constructability and quality issues during the construction phase.
- Attend “High Risk Features of Work” pre-installation meetings and first install meetings.
- Ensure installations are followed per design and product manufacturer’s instructions.
- Assist in development and review of feature of work boards and QA/QC Checklists.
- Continually update FOW library for ease of use and understandability
- Engage in Submittal & RFI reviews.
- Assist with project mock-ups.
- Troubleshoot QA/QC issues in the field.
- Track QA/QC metrics including, but not limited to: rework cost, rework time, non-compliance work response time, and other similar metrics.
- Attain zero punch goal.
- Manage projects and teams, from inception to completion, in a variety of enclosure-related projects – in both new and existing construction.
- Critical evaluation of building envelope performance, including its design and construction.
- Providing design-assist services related to enclosure systems including commenting on the appropriate use and selection of materials and details.
- Conduct investigations and repair of existing failing building enclosure systems.
- Inspect work in progress related to the exterior building envelope. Inspections will require climbing and operation of access equipment (i.e., swing stages) on high rise structures.
- Develop and ensure protection of finished systems.
- Organizing field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Management of client services, communicating progress, reporting, technical discussion of findings, recommendations, and project close-out.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLSET
- BS in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering/Construction Management or related field from an ABET-accredited university (Professional License in Engineering/Architecture or recognized industry credentials such as RRO, RRC, RWC, etc., are a plus).
- 2+ years’ experience in building enclosure installation/consulting with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building enclosure performance.
- 2+ years directly supervising employees and/or consultants.
- Quality Assurance certifications or credentials, such as USACE or NAVFAC Construction Quality Management preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge in building systems with special expertise in building envelope systems.
- Field installation background, specifically with roofing systems, preferred.
- Computer skills including software that supports QA/QC efforts such as ProCore, Bluebeam, BIM 360, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Revit, and Outlook.
- Detailed knowledge of building codes (ICC certification preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of building and infrastructure construction management procedures, contract management, inspection practices and procedures.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications and technical reports.
- Strong team player with mentorship background.
- Travel up to 30% with ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require.
- A people focused culture
- Progressive leadership
- Growth, training, and development opportunities
- Competitive salary rates
- Generous PTO, 4 weeks
- Health, Life, & Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Employee Recognition & Rewards
- 12 paid holidays
- Company bonus eligibility
- A commitment to delivering the most remarkable experience for all stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Apply now at www.okland.com/careers
Your application has been successfully submitted.