Lean Construction Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The primary responsibilities of this position are the development and deployment of construction best practices or innovative ideas, while incorporating new solutions, with the aim of improving field execution performances.
This position will be accountable for fostering a culture of engagement and continuous improvement, with the aim at improving construction productivity optimizing field work processes, procedures, tools, and machinery selection, and disseminating best practices within different projects. This will be accomplished through the engagement of both Site Team colleagues and Contractors, with the common target to optimize BOP scope and cost.
Key responsibilities include, carry out sites’ visits to identify optimization initiatives, follow-up their implementation, define standards and methodologies to guarantee scale up and roll out implementation cross countries as well as tracking and reporting progress. Key criteria include technical skills, sound industrial engineering and business judgment, strong communication skills and a proven ability to successfully leading lean construction programs. This position will require prior experience in construction management and solid evaluation skills, creativity, and originality in identifying and executing improvements to field construction processes.
What You'll Do At Enel
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Generate new field construction solutions to optimize BOP scope and cost
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives jointly with contractors, with the aim to improve field execution performances.
- Develop and deploy standard work processes and construction best practices
- Improve construction procedures, develop new processes/work standards
- Engage BOP contractors and collect their feedback and optimization proposals
- Disseminate the new solutions identified on pilot projects (short term) and later scale-up at global level (medium term)
- Carry out sites’ visits to follow-up on new initiatives implementation and identify new best practices
- Prepare and provide training sessions on field to internal colleagues and contractors for best practice sharing.
- Prepare and perform project site training and best practice audits to develop and reinforce a continuous improvement culture in the construction field and follow-up the implementation of new solutions.
- Track and report on the implementation progress of the new initiatives disseminated.
Who You Are
- Innovation and sustainable thinking;
- Ability to establish effective collaborations within and outside the organization,
- Ability to work within a global framework and a matrix organization;
- Ability in working within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Fluent in English is required, Spanish and/or Italian is considered a plus;
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record. A clean driving records means:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
- Ability to travel to project sites, up to 50% or more
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines;
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines;
- Highly developed business acumen.
What You've Accomplished
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; Experience in lean construction is considered a plus
- 3+ Years of construction experience; Experience in Wind and Solar will be considered a plus
What Enel Offers You
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business,
- Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds.,
- Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family.,
- One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable.,
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders.,
- Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact EnelApplication@enel.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.