Global Engineering Construction Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reporting to the Global Engineering Capital Program Leader, lead the Construction Management function across all major projects in the Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) network
- Lead the construction management team within the Global Engineering Capital Team, accountable for construction management on all major projects across the PGS capital portfolio
- Provide Safety leadership within the network, working collaboratively with EHS and the Head of Construction Safety, to set expectations within project delivery teams, including 3rd party providers.
- Develop and execute one best way strategy to expand the construction management function through recruitment of key individuals and appointment of strategic partners to support the PGS capital portfolio.
- Develop a best-in-class construction management methodology and approach, covering all aspects of construction management including planning & constructability, delivery model & contracting strategy, contracts management, BIM deployment strategy, risk management, bench-marking, project performance audit, construction quality, governance & reporting, turnover management, field supervision, progress measurement, field variation management, construction completion certification, final account settlement, etc. Own the business processes and operating model within the construction management function.
- Create and champion implementation of best-in-class construction management Standards, Processes and Procedures that bring efficiencies and consistency to capital project delivery.
- Lead the transformation of construction management methodologies throughout the network through education, visualization of value-add and demonstration of business benefit.
- Partner with the Project Controls and Portfolio Management in the Capital Program Team to develop and deliver accurate, timely and value-adding construction management metrics & KPIs for the portfolio of major capital projects across the Pfizer Global Supply network.
- Partner with the Design Management function to ensure that construction requirements are embedded in the design and the design delivery process, including constructability, design packages release timing & sequence, lean construction considerations, subcontractor input, turnover management, etc. as required.
- Partner with the Commissioning & Verification (C&V) function within the Capital Program Team to ensure construction methodologies, build sequencing and the approach to turnover are aligned with C&V planning.
- In addition to providing leadership and governance to construction managers and construction management teams deployed at jobsites globally, the Construction Director may be required to personally lead individual projects for a period in situations where an alternative candidate is not yet deployed or where a project needs adjustment to bring performance in line with expectation.
- Define long term construction management requirements in support of network strategies.
- Apply new, innovative and untried approaches to achieve targeted performance and results.
- Communicate across the organization, working with a variety of people and cultures, to foster information and best practices exchange through CoP’s, shared forums and new innovative methodologies.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in Construction Management in the pharmaceutical or other highly regulated sector is required.
- Experience managing construction projects in excess of $300,000,000.
- Proven team leader with a demonstrated ability to effectively implement business strategies and adept at working collaboratively within all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience.
- Experience in managing construction projects of Aseptic, large and small molecule facilities is preferred
- Chartered member of professional institution
- PMP Certification
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.