Project Manager - LEAN IPD
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Miller-Valentine Project Manager – LEAN Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), you provide the daily technical direction of the design, estimate preparation, and execution of multiple construction projects. It is your job to understand, communicate, and ensure that the vision of the customer is met on every project.
Miller-Valentine Group is a nationally recognized design/build general contractor with 55+ years of experience in commercial construction. With offices located in Ohio and South Carolina, we have constructed or developed over 100 million square feet of commercial real estate and more than 16,000 multifamily units in over 20 states. We are committed to quality and integrity in all aspects of our business and offer competitive wages, benefits, the potential for advancement, and a culture based on excellence. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, consider joining our team of highly successful individuals. BUILD DREAMS. CHANGE LIVES. OUR PASSION IS TO BUILD.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Project Pursuit:
- Assist in the strategy creation for all project estimates
- Preparation of “scope of work” for vendor solicitation
- Creation of all estimates (conceptual and detailed), takeoff, and pricing
- Create technical specification for project proposals
- Assemble bid analysis
- Provide direction to project design team
- Project Execution:
- Negotiate and document vendor/subcontracts agreements
- Ensure all construction drawings are complete (seek input from Superintendent)
- Prepare project cost projection updates
- Monitor and advise supervisor of variances in project cost
- Research cost-effective solutions to project problems
- Manage overall project profitability with collaboration with the Project Superintendent
- Facilitate client meetings (with meeting notes)
- Foster client relationships
- Mentoring of Assistant Project Managers and Project Technicians
- Participate in sales strategy sessions
- Continuous pursuit of cost-saving and process improvement strategies
- Capable of handling multiple projects/estimates simultaneously
- Ability to identify problems and present solutions to leadership.
- 5+ years in the construction industry with similar experience required.
- 4 year Engineering, Construction, or Architectural related degree from an accredited College or University or other related degree if supported by construction oriented course work or experience required.
- Experience using Microsoft, Viewpoint, Procore, and Bluebeam.
- Experience with LEAN/IPD methodology
- Strong knowledge of design, construction systems, sustainability, project delivery methodologies (IPD), material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Working knowledge of estimating, scheduling, project management, and cost accounting principles and software required.
- Requires 25% - 75% travel
Miller-Valentine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.