This job is no longer accepting applications.
Brasfield & Gorrie, a recognized leader in the construction industry, has an exciting opportunity available for a Lean Manager in Charlotte, NC.
The Lean Manager will encourage a culture focused on continuous improvement by supporting our clients, project teams and company in our efforts to incorporate lean tools and philosophy within their current processes.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Engage various levels of leaders to coach, train and teach Lean concepts
- Facilitate and collaborate with internal departments and complex project teams
- Facilitate continuous improvement events with company leaders and external clients
- Coach and support project teams with the implementation of all components of Last Planner System
- Train and support office and project teams with various lean tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, Target Value Delivery, Choosing by Advantages, A3s, 5S, and Visual Management
- Challenge teams to focus on building a culture of continuous improvement, challenging status quo
- Engage with clients and designers to share Brasfield & Gorrie’s Lean culture
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architectural or other related field
- 5+ years experience in construction operations and/or design preferred
- 2+ years experience in group facilitation and implementing collaborative delivery (Integrated Project Delivery, Target Value Delivery, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%
- Passionate about leading change and improving company processes
- Experience, coursework, or certification in lean practices
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to speak confidently in groups of 30+
- Ability to coach complex and diverse groups
- Ability and desire to master new skills
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Building Your Brasfield & Gorrie Career
Start your career in a big way
No matter your starting point, when you join the Brasfield & Gorrie family, you open the door to a rewarding career at one of the most respected and dynamic companies in the industry. Here you decide your path and what you will make of your career—and your life.
We value everyone
At Brasfield & Gorrie, we see our purpose as building exceptional people, trusting relationships, great projects, and strong communities. Valuing everyone is essential to our purpose, so for us, valuing diversity and inclusion is more than a lofty company commitment; it’s a way of building relationships that helps us live our purpose in our daily work.
You’ll benefit from working at Brasfield & Gorrie
By offering a strong foundation of employee benefits, we ensure that you and your family have the tools and means to prosper. We’re proud to provide a competitive benefits and compensation package. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs, career development classes, and many more benefits. We’re proud to be ranked by both Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in multiple cities!
About Brasfield & Gorrie
Founded in 1964, Brasfield & Gorrie is one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, providing general contracting, design-build, and construction management services for a wide variety of markets. We're skilled in construction best practices, including virtual design and construction, integrated project delivery, and Lean construction, but we are best known for our preconstruction and self-perform expertise and exceptional client service. Brasfield & Gorrie has 12 offices and approximately 3,000 employees. Our 2020 revenues were $3.9 billion. Engineering News-Record ranks Brasfield & Gorrie 22nd among the nation’s “Top 400 Contractors” for 2020.
Your application has been successfully submitted.