Project Manager (MEP Construction)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Southland Industries is an MEP building systems firm that provides innovative, yet practical engineering, construction, service, building automation, and energy solutions. For over 65+ years, we have been optimizing each stage of the building lifecycle with our in-house expertise and improving how buildings are designed, built, and maintained. We are currently a 800+ million dollar company with ambitious growth plans.
- This role is located in Boydton, VA**
- Take a peek at what it's like to be in Project Management at Southland Industries: https://youtu.be/KsScOekkRw8
If you love managing large, complex construction projects, mentoring others and are passionate about safety, Southland has an opportunity for you as a Project manager.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support to a single large project or multiple projects being managed by a Senior Project Managers and Project Engineers
- We do self-performing work, so you'll need to work with craftsman, foreman and the owner
- You'll help plan out mechanical projects from start to finish with an understanding of all of the moving parts involved and what it takes to manage the process
- You'll utilize your LEAN principles and have a keen understanding of what the owner wants and how we can deliver it
- You'll play a key role in managing the financials and making sure the project stays on track
- You'll continually develop and nurture customer relationships beyond a single project – at Southland, we value customers for life.
- You'll get to mentor younger people and help prepare them for the next step in their profession in keeping with our core value “People.”
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- You have a strong knowledge of building systems, HVAC, mechanical, piping, including design, construction, and how these systems work
- You're fanatical about planning, innovating, and improving the processes we use every day.
- You have the ability to think outside the box and lead the team in driving innovative construction techniques and prefabrication strategies.
- You have strong experience managing mechanical construction projects for a mechanical company – after all, that’s what we do!
- You're accountable and take initiative on your projects. Accountability is one of Southland’s highest values.
- You're able to creatively solve problems. You’ve been in the trenches before. You know what it takes to get the job done and done right for your customer and your company.
- You have strong leadership skills, business acumen, and integrity.
- You have a strong understanding of the financials of a project and how to forecast
- You have good relationships with the field and understand what it takes to get the best out of your people
- You're able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve mutual outcomes. We’re counting on you to bring a collaborative spirit to our work process.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, 7-10+ years experience in related field.
- Experience working at a MEP firm managing multiple MEP projects
- Experience with Design/Build and IPD project experience is considered a plus
- Familiarity and/or experience with Lean Construction tools considered a plus
- Experience working on data centers, federal work, industrial and/or healthcare is a plus!
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want the fast pace and excitement of a growing company, we want you now. Southland Industries is a people centric company that strives to support career growth and a work life balance. We want you to feel excited about getting up in the morning and coming to work. In return, we’ll make sure to provide a fun, supportive and collaborative environment for you to thrive in.
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instragram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
Your application has been successfully submitted.