Senior Lean Construction PM
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high-energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
The role of Senior Lean Construction Program Manager requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to self-direct, strong background in Lean Leadership and applying Lean principles in a manufacturing or construction environment. A background in engineering, or construction management is a strong plus. Experience in Lean Process Engineering is a strong plus. A proven history of successful project and program management of increasing responsibility.
The Senior Lean Construction Program Manager is ultimately responsible for assisting in leading the Lean Construction Transformation on all of Microsoft’s datacenter construction sites. The Lean Construction Project Manager is responsible for leading Gemba Kaizen efforts on construction sites. Working directly with Microsoft site team members along with the General Contractor and Subcontractors; teaching/coaching Lean Culture and driving safety, ergonomic, and efficiency improvements. Leading Continuous improvement efforts on the construction sites, documenting standard work, and assist in developing a global platform to share standard work/best practices.
The Lean Construction Project Manager will coordinate with the Data Center Engineering (DCE) team. Procurement team, Quality team, and supporting Lean consultants to improve the datacenter design and constructability. This Lean PM position will be a Lean Leader within Microsoft DCD and drive the Lean Construction Transformation/Lean Culture from the top down and the bottom up.
The Principle Lean Construction PM will be a relentless advocate for establishing and sustaining a safe and ergonomic worksite. Safety is one of the four pillars of MCIO’s mission in delivering cloud capacity; joined by Quality, Schedule adherence, and Cost Management. The Lean Construction PM will also collaborate with Microsoft Security (OSSC), Microsoft IT (MSIT), Legal, Project Engineering, MS Business Risk Management, and other internal groups to maintain the corporate vision and goals for the Lean Construction Transformation Project.
The Lean Construction Project Manager works directly for the Global Director of Lean Construction Transformation and supports datacenter construction projects globally. This position should expect travel of up to 40% to support construction Gemba Kaizen efforts, implementation of Lean Management systems, 5S implementation, and Lean Leader development.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Create and/or maintain standard work and best practices to identify and incorporate safe, ergonomic, and cost-effective solutions
- Drive deployment of solutions that can be socialized globally across DCD projects
- Facilitate decision-making and problem solving to drive solutions, schedules, and standardization
- Drive Lean Culture across the CO&I organization.
- Develop, implement, standardize, and improve 5S Implementation Plan for construction sites
- Lead constructability improvement initiatives with Microsoft and our datacenter vendors/suppliers
- Develop and drive Lean Supplier Development Program
- Regularly reviews KPI metrics, to ensure Lean effort is making an impact on improving core priorities
- Provide construction projects single point of contact for Lean development and delivery
- Coordinate meetings and activities of construction team members to drive site Lean adoption and self-sustainment
- Attend and schedule Lean project meetings and report out continuous improvement results, globally
- Report Lean Construction Projects progress monthly to DCD leadership team
- Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on Lean safety, ergonomics, 5S, schedule, quality, and budget improvements
- Direct and drive the self-sustainment of the Lean culture within DCD.
- Work independently in support of the DCD Lean Project objectives
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility in Lean Transformation Leadership roles.
- Degrees and/or professional licenses in Engineering or Construction Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Project Management, or Construction Management.
- Data center construction or project management experience a plus.
- Experience managing multiple large multi-faceted projects
- Lean Process Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering experience a plus
- Ability to independently manage deadlines and support staff
- Ability to influence cross-discipline teams
- Construction Health & Safety Knowledge
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.