Lean IPD Facilitator
BE An Expert. BE Influential. BE Agile. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. Join our Lean and Integrated Project Delivery team now!
We assist our clients with the paradigm shift that is required in order to successfully deliver a Lean IPD Project. Our team provides much needed expertise and advice to our client in the Pre-Validation stage and expands this coaching role to the IPD Team once the partners are on board.
Through our Get it Right Solution™, you’ll ensure we get our clients Lean IPD initiatives ready, get them operationalized and get the team performing—so that every IPD partner benefits from our advice and mentorship.
Colliers Project Leaders is a leading Canadian building and infrastructure project delivery solution provider. We provide integrated and strategic solutions for program and project leadership, and we act as trusted advisors on capital projects.
With 30 offices across Canada, our multidisciplinary team of IPD and Lean Experts offers unparalleled depth and expertise to capital projects at every stage and for every member of the industry. Our dedicated National IPD and Lean team have consulted on more than 100 IPD projects across North America and have advised on some of the largest IPD projects in Canada.
Our goal is not only to be “the voice of the project” we are increasing the Canadian supply chain of Lean and IPD professionals.
We’d love to meet you. Apply today to join our team!
Who You Are
As a Lean IPD Facilitator working within a dedicated national Lean/IPD Team, you will be working directly with clients, stakeholders and IPD Teams to facilitate successful implementation of the IPD contract model with an underlying Lean Delivery System.
Your goal is to become the voice of the project and garner the respect of your IPD Teams as a trusted advisor throughout the project’s lifecycle. You understand the paradigm shift that is Lean/IPD and you are comfortable challenging traditional tools and processes that have not proven to be valuable.
You’re the kind of person who dives right in, learning as much as you can about doing things differently, taking advantage of Lean and applying your knowledge and technical expertise to get the best results from the IPD Team, and for the project.
What Success Looks Like
- Work directly with clients in educating them and establishing Lean/IPD principles and processes on their projects
- Advise clients on different contract models available and what best meets their value proposition
- Developing strategies and tactics for the procurement of an IPD Team in all respects
- Leading the client team through early Pre-Validation processes and structures
- Facilitating stakeholder meetings, education and Lean/IPD Workshops
- Assisting the client in finalizing their business case, value proposition and conditions of satisfaction
- Work directly with Lean/IPD Project Teams in all aspects of Lean/IPD Delivery including Pre-Validation, Onboarding, Validation, Target Value Design, Production/Construction, Commissioning and Operations
- Facilitate the IPD Team through interactive workshops (Values, Lean Bootcamps, TVD, etc.) and regular Big Rooms and Clusters/PITs
- Train, facilitate and advise IPD teams on various lean tools including but not limited to Last Planner® System implementation
- Develop strong relationships with the client and IPD Teams to lead them to achieving more using alternate lean approaches
- Ensure that client expectations and satisfaction are met or exceeded on all projects
- Maintain contact with existing and prospective clients and respond to business development and sales opportunities with support from the Business Development Team, Principal or Regional Vice President
- Support internal continual improvement efforts for the Lean IPD Team to further enhance project and process effectiveness
- Help train internal resources
- Develop tools and processes to support the above responsibilities
What You Bring
- A minimum of 10 years working in the design or construction industry
- A minimum of 5 years of working directly with facilitation and implementation of Lean Design and Construction - working within an IPD team is favourable
- A firm knowledge and understanding of traditional processes and procedures that are used to design, construct and operate facilities and infrastructure
- A university degree in social sciences, engineering, architecture or construction management (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience)
- Effective leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues
- Knowledge and understanding the different contract models available and the ability to advise clients on what best meets their value proposition
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office products, online collaboration software and Last Planner System software
- Lean CM, Lean Six Sigma, or equivalent is an asset, but not essential
Your application has been successfully submitted.