Technology Owner Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides oversight and coordination of a construction/renovation project from the Owner's perspective to ensure that it is delivered on schedule, on budget and meets the quality standards of Cleveland Clinic. Performs as an extension of the Owner, solely representing the Owner's interest independent of the Design Professionals and Construction Manager / General Contractor and Technology Contractors/Consultants.
- Organizes, chairs and represents the Owner at regular project meetings; provide advice that will help facilitate economical, efficient and desired outcomes.
- Serves as Project Manager for each project, facilitates communication between all team members, prepares and presents project status updates to include budget, schedule, and outstanding issues.
- Monitors and directs all preconstruction and construction services provided by the construction team members.
- Reviews and recommends payment on requests, services rendered and/or goods received.
- Ensures documents are prepared as scheduled.
- Monitors cost and progress on assigned projects throughout construction phases, including close-out.
- Acts as a liaison between the project team and all other Cleveland Clinic departments.
- Provides regular communication with departments involved in construction projects to ensure project milestones are met, momentum is maintained and issues are addressed proactively.
- Oversees and coordinates due diligence initiatives with internal and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Construction Management, Computer Science or related program.
- A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer or licensed Architect in the State of Ohio is preferred.
- A valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI) is preferred.
- A valid Certified Healthcare Constructor credential by the American Hospital Association is preferred.
- If hired within the IT Division, ITIL Foundations certification required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of construction/architectural terms and practices, ability to read construction documents and actively participate in contract process.
- Ability to provide an overview and recommendations on engineering, design and scope, as well as, contract terms, budgets, change management, schedules, extensions, and resolution of issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects.
- Extremely high level of organizational skills; able to work well under pressure; sensitive to confidential information; demonstrated ability in engaging stakeholders and providing options to resolve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web-based software.
- A minimum 8 years of experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Healthcare Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $10M.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Experience with LEAN design and construction principles and techniques, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects, and utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) is preferred.
- Offset: High School Diploma / GED or equivalent and 12 years of related experience.
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Electrical Engineer preferred
- RCDD Certification
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer Certified
- Requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC, and the ability to walk various hospital campuses to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision, and the ability to verbally communicate to upper level management.
- Occasional lifting of 5 to 15 pounds. Frequent walking, climbing of ladders and scaffolding is required.
- Must have ability to travel to other CC locations and active construction project sites and navigate over obstacles including the dexterity to safely walk a construction site on a daily basis.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.