Project Manager - Special Projects
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GE Johnson's Special Project Business Unit is seeking a Project Manager to join their Denver, CO based team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a leader of safety on the jobsite and champion a zero injuries safety culture.
- Lead, manage and develop direct reports by providing constructive coaching feedback, delegating tasks to assist in development, and advocating for project team members.
- Assist with RFPs and interviews and pursuit of future work.
- Partner with the pre-construction manager to manage the design phase of a project.
- Manage the buyout process and develop the GMP or other delivery methods by developing subcontracts and bid packages, identifying self-perform opportunities, and managing the Kick-Off Plan.
- Collaborate with Risk Management, construction executives, and operations managers to manage the project insurance requirements.
- Assist in owner and subcontractor contractual negotiations.
- Develop and manage the Critical Path Method schedule and ensure overall schedule compliance with the superintendent.
- Partner with the owner, architect, engineer, and trade partners to create project goals and outcomes.
- Manage the pay application process from creation to completion.
- Own cost control practices and identify opportunities for profitability and increase margin through monthly Project Status Reports and adhering to the Project Margin Plan.
- Manage staffing projections for workload management.
- Partner with the superintendent to manage and lead quality standards and develop the project quality control plan per GE Johnson’s SOP.
- Implement strategies to create a successful culture and continue to monitor and sustain a positive work environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous management experience in the construction industry on commercial building projects of significant construction value
- OSHA10 training or ability to complete within 90 days
- Experience with Prolog and/or other construction management software
- Experience using eCMS or other construction accounting software
- Experience with risk identification and management
- Experience as an Assistant Project Manager or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or the equivalent
- Prior experience with a general contractor/construction manager on commercial building projects of significant construction value
- Experience with Textura or other construction invoice software
- Experience developing and delivering presentations
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain GE Johnson approved driver designation
- Experience using Rental Results or similar equipment ordering software
- Experience leading and developing a team of direct reports
- Experience or certification for LEED/sustainable building practices
- Lean Construction experience, including the Last Planner System
- OSHA30 training completion
- Experience recognizing building code and insurance requirements
- Experience using Building Connected
- Experience with workforce planning
- Eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision benefits on first on month following 30 days of employment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) and ROTH 401(k) with match on first 6% contributed
- Opportunity for bonuses
- If this position requires relocation, this position is eligible for relocation reimbursement subject to GE Johnson’s relocation reimbursement agreement
- Paid Time Off benefits, based on GE Johnson Paid Time Off policy
- Use of a GE Johnson vehicle in accordance with GE Johnson’s fleet safety policy
- Use of a gas card in accordance with GE Johnson’s fleet safety policy
- 7 paid holidays
Your application has been successfully submitted.