Lean Construction Manager
Henkels & McCoy is looking for a talented individual to lead the company’s Continuous Improvement/LEAN program; to develop and teach ways of raising customer satisfaction, reducing waste across the operation, and champion the change management aspects of LEAN within the company.
The best-fit candidate is one with a training / continuous improvement background who instinctively examines work processes from a customer and systems perspective, who inspires others by framing problem solving and seeding ideas, and can interact well with geographically dispersed semi-autonomous groups throughout the US and Canada.
Reporting to: Senior Director, Ops Support
Location: Pomona, CA
Partner with H&M lines of business leaders (Power, Underground, Telecom), Region Management and Corporate Leaders along with craft employees to:
- Communicate and promote the LEAN Methodology and Change Management associated with its strategies and performance improvement initiatives. Perform “Kaizen” style business process assessments with the objective of creating system enhancements that utilize members of the LEAN Team and line of business employees and develop CI/LEAN improvement initiatives which achieve organizational goals. Facilitate CI/LEAN events (structured team problem-solving activities). (30%)
- Build and enhance quality management systems focused on customer satisfaction, business process standardization, reliability, and effectiveness. (20%)
- Regularly Teach, practice, develop & improve the company CI/LEAN methodology to various groups within the region a part of a comprehensive change management strategy in alignment with corporate LEAN initiatives. Adapt company modular CI/LEAN training to fit each improvement initiative and roll-out, / administer a CI/LEAN leader certification program. (20%)
- Manage and direct a team of direct reports (specialists, coordinators, administrators) as they work as liaisons to carry out LEAN initiatives across the region. (30%)
- Build project plans with Plan, Do, Check, Act elements, and A3 Thinking.
- Engage employees and management equally for developmental purposes.
- Report improvement projects status to plans at regular intervals.
- Promote LEAN tools such as 5 Why’s, 5S, 8 Wastes, and other analytical tools.
- Promote the CI/LEAN success stories via SharePoint or the CI website.
- A 4-year college degree is required. An engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred.
- Supervisory / Managing Teams experience is required
- Project Management, Safety, Quality work experience/certifications, a plus.
- Bidding, Estimating, and Contracting work experience, a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of management systems for Continuous Improvement is required.
- In-depth knowledge of LEAN or 6-Sigma is required.
- Proficiency in delivering training and leading group problem solving is required.
- Experience with LEAN Construction toolsets, a plus.
- Consulting experience, a plus.
- Experience developing an adult learning curriculum, a plus.
- A track record in goal setting, solving problems, and leading change, is required.
- Computer skills- MS Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and digital imaging required.
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet with Business stakeholders required. (Minimum 25% travel anticipated.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.