Director of SmartBuild (Director of Lean Construction)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The SmartBuild Director (Director of Lean Construction) acts as a change agent and drives all Lean implementation and training efforts. The Director of Lean Construction will lead all aspects of our core value of pursuit of Continuous Improvement through Lean principles, which utilizes Lean tools and leads all employees in waste elimination and continuous improvement. You may be required to travel up to 60% of the time in this role.
- Lead the organization to fully adopt Lean principles on all of our projects and in all of our actions. Create and provide programs, on-going training, procedures, protocols, standards, lessons learned and Next (Best) Practices and other techniques to empower employees to become Lean in their day-to-day activities. Support continuous improvement ideas across the organization. Identify, inspire, grow and retain talent that will ensure the continued business growth and success for the company.
- Promote integrated development and coordination of project delivery across Preconstruction, Estimating, IT, Project Management and Field Operations. Assist with the planning and execution of projects and operations across the Organization. Lead complex projects that cut across various organizational and functional boundaries.
- Be involved personally and get Company Lean Champions involved in local LCI Chapters as well as participation and presenting at the annual National LCI Congress.
- Coordinate the development of an intranet site for storage, management and dissemination of Ideas, Project Spotlights, Lean Discussions and training materials.
- Lead boot camps and Pull Plan sessions. Train and develop project teams in the adoption and execution of the Last Planner System to ensure successful project design.
- Conduct regular Lean assessments, compile defined metrics and submit quarterly reports to company leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 10 years’ construction experience with applying lean principals and tools
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders, provide strategic direction, and align business initiatives to corporate priorities and support external marketing/selling efforts. Ability to establish effective partnerships within and outside the organization.
- Proficient with the Last Planner System.
- Valid Drivers' License
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive public contact and frequent interruptions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight 50 lbs; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hoar Holdings is an EOE - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.