Senior Lean Specialist
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Senior Lean Specialist will train internal team on a greater variety of Lean tools and develop and maintain Lean transformation processes and programs. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining training/planning materials, coaching project teams, and helping all employees understand and apply Lean Principles to their work. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: is expected to function independently in the role with supervision and oversight as needed. Follows directions and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Lean Services Manager.
LEAN SPECIALIST FAMILY - CORE
- Trains internal staff on Lean tools. Helps develop and maintain Lean transformation processes and programs.
- Coaches and supports project teams and/or internal customers with implementation of the basic Lean tools such as Last Planner System, Kanban, meeting facilitation and continuous improvement programs.
- Trains and supports the office and/or region with basic lean tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban and Kaizen.
- Trains and coaches employees and team members to understand the Work Flow Commitment Loop (reliable promising).
- May lead and train PMs and Superintendents to run effective Pull Planning sessions, weekly Planning sessions and Daily Stand-up sessions through a lead/co-facilitate/coach model.
- Assumes responsibility for bringing all components of the Last Planner System together to function as a system. Trains and coaches the team in LPS practices.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the organization’s ongoing Lean journey.
- Challenges project team members and employees to identify, remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from fulfilling commitments.
- Maintains level of standards of lean tools used among project teams or within the organization.
- Utilizes current training materials and customizes to specific assigned customer.
- Looks for opportunities to improve current training materials.
- Serves as an ongoing resource for assigned projects and employees to help identify opportunities for improvement.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
SENIOR LEAN SPECIALIST
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Training, teaching and coaching a larger variety and/or more complex tools such as Choosing By Advantages, Target Value Design and Integrated Project Delivery support.
- Facilitates larger groups and complex project teams.
- Engages a variety level of leaders to coach, train and teach Lean concepts.
- Creates or contributes to new training materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and build consensus.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Ability to coach.
- Ability to adapt and respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability and desire to master new skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to lead change management and Lean efforts (Intermediate).
- Listening skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to read a situation and make sound assessments and recommendations.
- Ability to speak confidently in small groups.
- Open learner and highly coachable.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction operations or Lean experience (Required).
- 2+ years experience in meeting or group facilitation (Preferred).
- 2+ years experience implementing process improvement methodologies (Preferred).
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Your application has been successfully submitted.