Lean Construction Specialist
Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure construction and maintenance services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, Henkels & McCoy adapts over 95 years of experience to the dynamic and evolving infrastructure needs of today. Henkels & McCoy has been recognized with an E. I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
We are currently seeking a Lean Construction Specialist based out of our Pipeline Division’s office in Houston, TX.
The Lean Construction Specialist will work closely with operations providing lean implementation support and training in the Pipeline Division. This position involves the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies (such as VSM, 5S, Waste Identification, DMAIC, DMADV, PDCA, etc.) to drive change within their assigned lines of business. This position reports to the Pipeline Division VP, Operations.
- Establish critical baseline leading indicators of field production success for each line of business
- Work with operations to set and achieve production targets by utilizing lean and six sigma tools and methodologies
- Roll out a lean construction training and development program
- Work closely with lines of business to identify improvement opportunities for reducing cost, improving efficiency and productivity
- Facilitate lean training as required to support the goals of the division.
- Collect and analyze data to support business decisions
- Lead improvement workshops to eliminate waste and optimize process flow
- Ensure lean projects are aligned with organizational objectives and goals
- Travel up to 50%
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor Degree in Construction, Business, Civil Engineering, or related field required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in utility Infrastructure and/or construction is preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience required, certification at the green belt level or higher preferred
- Touchplan experience preferred
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.