Graham is a growing, dynamic, and innovative construction solutions provider with a history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you will be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You will also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top-tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you are eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our team, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various projects, such as education facilities; hospitals and health care centers; office buildings; warehouse and distribution centers; and mixed-use facilities.
You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Bid-Build, Design-Build, Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
Reporting to the Vice President of Shared Services, the Lean Construction Director will lead the execution of the company’s Lean Construction Mandate, including, engagement in Lean activities and supporting the strategic growth of divisional Lean practices. Additionally, the Lean Director manages a team of Lean Construction personnel across various district offices.
- Coordinate and manage Lean support services and development within the Buildings Division.
- Develop and engage in a training program that provides Lean Construction education and skills development for all Buildings division offices and regions.
- Promote the use of Lean Construction tools and practices on all projects throughout the Buildings Division.
- Manage Lean staff resources to support any project or pursuit in a Buildings office/region that requires assistance with such endeavors while coordinating with local management.
- Provide support for Lean software and tools, as needed within the District offices.
- Provide reporting to business unit leaders regarding the progress and effectiveness of the Lean Construction program.
- Engage in industry events and opportunities, as well as client presentations, that promote Graham and align with the goals and strategies of the Graham Buildings division.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, software development, and new tools that may provide benefit to Graham’s Lean Construction program.
- Build constructive and effective working relationships that reflect and support Graham’s core values with both internal and external team members, including direct reports.
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others.
- Create a culture of accountability with clear expectations and responsibilities tied to project priorities.
- Provide meaningful guidance and mentorship to junior staff.
- Establish effective partnerships with district management and other stakeholders.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience within construction and/or engaged on construction projects.
- 5+ years of experience in a direct managerial or supervisory role.
- Proven experience and acumen anticipating client requirements.
- A robust understanding of Lean Construction tools and practices, and the ability to use supporting software tools.
- Solid understanding of construction documents, and the ability to ensure that they are complete and carry clearly defined expectations.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, including methods of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting and cash flow.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical, and medical and a company matched pension plan
- Ownership and long-term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- A grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Build your career.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Your application has been successfully submitted.