Continuous Improvement Engineer
McConnell Dowell is a major engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor operating in 23 locations throughout Australia, Asia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands.
Our vision is to be a leader in the delivery of infrastructure, building and resource solutions.
Our mission is to create opportunities for personal and professional development and create a positive outcome for our organisations whilst optimising the positive legacy for the communities with whom we engage.
Working at the forefront of the industry, we provide our people with a stimulating environment that challenges them to think laterally and excel even beyond their own expectations. We equip, inspire and empower our people to be their very best, to learn through experience, and to help us reach the highest standards across all areas of the business.
Our creative approach is what makes us stand out from the crowd. We rate ourselves on our ability to innovate to achieve the highest results and provide the best value for our clients. It also means we are not afraid to work on challenging projects that not only require a creative engineering approach, but also creative support staff.
We value Safety and Care, Honesty and Integrity, Customer Focus, Working Together and Performance Excellence. We hire the best and brightest in our field. It’s something we’re proud of, it is reflected within our achievements and it enables us to be industry leaders.
About The Project
McConnell Dowell is the constructor within the Western Program Alliance (WPA) which forms part of the Victorian State government’s ambitious level crossing removal program. The Alliance brings together the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP), Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), and Arup and Mott MacDonald as design partners.
WPA was formed in 2017 and following the successful completion of several major projects, is now focused on delivering the level crossing removals at Werribee (Werribee Street & Cherry Street), Hoppers Crossing (Old Geelong Road) and Cranbourne (the Cranbourne Line Upgrade), as well as developing future works projects.
Due to growth, we are seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer with passion, knowledge, and experience in Lean Construction. Ideally you will have experience in both construction and working for mature Lean organisations.
The successful candidate will be based in Melbourne and will assist the CI Lead in delivering performance improvement projects developing Lean and Continuous Improvement solutions that significantly and sustainably improve our projects’ performance.
As Continuous Improvement Engineer, You Will Be Accountable For
- Managing and supporting the implementation of the LPS across the alliance
- Increasing awareness and desire of continuous improvement (CI) across the alliance
- Providing expertise to facilitate visual management centres, Kaizen events, waste identification and removal initiatives, advanced problem-solving and solution-generation to address complex problems and bottlenecks in our processes (e.g. workshop facilitation, root cause analysis, hypothesis generation and testing, solution frameworks)
- Support and drive various business improvement projects across the alliance
- Delivering coaching support to create a solid business case to support change
Requirements For This Role Are
- Significant knowledge and demonstrated experience in the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement principles in construction projects
- Experience in implementation of the Last Planner System® (LPS)
- Demonstrable experience in project, stakeholder, and change management methodologies to successfully deliver sustainable improvement outcomes
- Experienced in facilitating workshops to engage cross-functional groups to understand complex business problems and agree long term solutions
- High attention to detail with a focus on return on investment whilst being able to explain complex technical concepts in simple, easy to understand language
- A growth mindset, high level of initiative, motivation, and drive to succeed
- Able to operate autonomously and manage your workload with remote support
McConnell Dowell is an equal opportunity employer as we value diversity within our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.