Construction Lean Specialist / SME
Construction Lean Specialist – Pyrovio – must be resident in Eastern PA and/or NJ, USA. Day travel (not overnight travel) to visit job sites in region is required.
We help organizations successfully develop and implement their strategies. We assist a diverse client base across all industries in meeting the demands of today’s challenging markets. The unique, proprietary approach that we implement has resulted in rapid growth of our company and its client base.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies as well as multi-national companies in the private, public, and government sectors. We have performed engagements in the US and internationally.
About the Role:
This position is for a Lean Construction SME. The Lean Construction Specialist will work to deliver process improvement initiatives. You will be asked to provide value on process improvements and expertise with the use of the Last Planner System. The Lean Construction Specialist will be responsible for training, coaching and supporting construction teams working to implement lean construction practices and tools on site.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will perform the following job responsibilities in addition to others as required for each project:
- This position involves instructing, mentoring, and assisting project groups and/or internal clients in adopting fundamental Lean methodologies like the Last Planner System, Kanban, and strategies for effective meetings and ongoing enhancement initiatives. The role may include guiding and educating Project Managers and Superintendents on conducting efficient Pull Planning, weekly planning, and daily stand-up meetings following a lead/co-facilitate/coach approach.
- Provide expert guidance on complex construction processes, leveraging extensive knowledge in heavy industrial, civil, or infrastructure construction projects.
- Serve as the primary support and resource for project teams, aiding in process improvement initiatives, including detailed process analysis, mapping, and the establishment of pertinent metrics.
- Educate and mentor team members and internal staff on the principles and application of Lean Construction tools Spearhead the adoption and execution of the "Last Planner System" and other Lean methodologies across various client projects, ensuring standardization and continuity.
- Identify, challenge, and assist in resolving issues or constraints hindering team progress, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and accountability among project teams and organizational members.
- Customize and refine training materials to meet specific project needs and client requirements, while also identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for further improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction operations or Lean experience (Preferred).
- 2+ years experience in meeting or group facilitation (Preferred).
- 0-2 years experience implementing process improvement methodologies (Required).
Perks and Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Comprehensive Benefits - Medical, Retirement, Holidays, PTO etc.
• Opportunity to develop and advance within a growing organization
• For more information, please visit our website at www.pyrovio.com
Turning Vision Into Action