Regional Lean Manager
Position Description: Lead and support efforts focused on enhancing customer value, nurturing a learning environment, facilitating continuous improvement processes and maximizing project team collaboration through the use of lean principles, tools and mindset.
Reports to: Senior Vice President. Has a dotted line report to National Lean Manager
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: In the areas assigned:Directs lean activities for a SVP’s regional group
- Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by SVP
- Works with SVP’s leadership team to establish lean management system and culture
- Utilizes the Launch Matrix and works with project teams to support a successful project launch
- Coaches and mentors Lean Managers and Lean Coordinators and is responsible for their development
- Coaches leadership regarding lean practices, lean thinking, and problem solving
- Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture throughout the region in alignment with the regional and company goals and priorities
- Works daily with project teams in the implementation of the Last Planner® System
- Key member of regional and BU management team providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
- Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a planning tool to achieve project and company goals
- Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
- Works with National Lean Manager and other Regional Lean Managers to:
- Establish standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Advancing Lean Training, etc.).
- Develop and conduct standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership & culture
- Share and learn from improvement efforts
- Ensure efforts are aligned nationally for consistency across the enterprise
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Preferred Last Planner ® System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program). Preferred general lean knowledge and experience. Preferred experience working with BIM and/or BIM staff. Curiosity and interest in life-long learning and personal development. Willing to challenge status quo. Change agent who is able to influence others and “lead without authority”. Demonstrates initiative (i.e., self-starter), patience, and perseverance. Has coaching mindset and skills. Extensive travel is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.