Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice?
Established in 1905, Consigli has grown over the last 100 years from a local fourth generation family business into one of the largest construction managers and general contractors in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. In 2018, we transitioned to 100-percent employee-ownership.
Nationally ranked as one of Forbes Best Midsize Employers in 2021 and 2022 and as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe, the Washington Post, the Hartford Business Journal, and MaineBiz, our culture draws raw talent from college interns to seasoned veterans with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most important, we are thankful for our employees and are proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
The Lean Manager will encourage a culture focused on continuous improvement by supporting our clients, project teams and company in our efforts to incorporate lean tools and philosophy within their current processes.
· Engage various levels of leadership to coach, train and teach Lean concepts
· Facilitate and collaborate with internal departments and complex project teams
· Facilitate continuous improvement events with company leaders and external clients
· Challenge teams to focus on building a culture of continuous improvement, challenging status quo
· Set up a sustainable program for Daily Stand Up Audits, ensuring all jobs are holding a value add DSU
· Train Superintendents to affectively target road blocks from field and communicate to teams
· Get team to routinely pull plan with trades every 10 weeks
· Participate in lookahead meetings, assist Superintendents on updating lean schedule.
· Set up formal process of planning materials coming onsite and where it should be stored
· Train workers how look for waste and what is a non-value activity
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architectural or other related field
· 5+ years’ experience in construction operations and/or design preferred
· 2+ years’ experience in group facilitation and implementing collaborative delivery (Integrated Project Delivery, Target Value Delivery, etc.)
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%
· Passionate about leading change and improving company processes
· Experience, coursework, or certification in lean practices
· Strong organizational and project management skills
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.